Saturday, December 17, 2016

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown: Top K-Pop 2016

Oh my gosh this is so difficult. Last year K-pop was just starting to become interesting again so it was easier, but this year, K-pop was actually really great and I had a hard time coming up with this list. I'm glad that groups moved away from that awful "I'm sexy!" concept that kept going on. Very few K-pop groups can actually pull off the ultra sexy concept without seeming try-hard. This new synthpop/electro route this year was absolutely awesome. Especially the stuff coming from SM. SM used to be the super generic company with box MVs what the heck happened? I'm looking forward to next year's music scene, although I'm a little worried at the same time. I have a feeling that with Twice's success that other groups will try to emulate them like with the sexy concept overflow after Sistar's success. I adore Twice. I love them to bits, but their concept is another of those concepts like Sistar's that is difficult to replicate without looking try-hard or over the top. Even TT (which I loved) seemed over the top for Twice. I can't even imagine how awful it would've looked for a different group. Because it was so difficult, I did my top 10, but also included some "runners up" that were so close to making it.

Special Mention Runners Up:

EXO - Lucky One

Rainbow - Whoo

#10

Cosmic Girls - Secret

#9

4Minute - Hate

#8

Wonder Girls - Why So Lonely

#7

Blackpink - Whistle

#6

BTS - Save Me

#5

Oh My Girl - Liar Liar

#4

Twice - Touchdown

#3

Dal Shabet - Someone Like You

#2

Luna - Free Somebody

#1

Blackpink - Playing With Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment