Saturday, December 3, 2016

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown #3: Top SNH48, BEJ48, & GNZ48

Last year they were never included because they had no original releases, this year they do! I know that they are no longer part of the main 48G, but to me they still belong to that umbrella "48 Group" thing. When they announced that they were breaking off from AKB & forming new groups, it didn't really surprise me. SNH always seemed much more separate from the Japanese groups that JKT ever did. While I think that morally it wasn't very nice to just be like "Oh well we're taking your concept for ourselves & cutting you off bye bye!", I like the fact that they are getting their own original music now. Cover songs are soooo boring. I wish that AKS would allow JKT to have an original release for once because I love collecting 48G CDs, but I'm not going to waste money on CDs from a glorified cover band.

With SNH's original music, they've only gotten better as the year's progressed. Engine of Youth's EP was ok at best. One song was incredible while the others were just ok. Dream Land's EP was the same and to be honest I can't really remember anything from it besides that it wasn't awful. Princess's Cloak though. Both versions of the EP are pretty dang good. Romantic Melody is so awesome. BEJ & GNZ's songs are much like SNH's first two EPs, ok, but nothing amazing. Since SNH had such a huge jump in quality from the start of the year to now, I'm really looking forward to what their sister groups have in store for the future.

I don't know why, but I've never liked using pinyin for Chinese songs, so I'll be using the English translation for the song titles that I've seen. So the English might not even be completely right lol. The translations I've seen seem a bit "clunky" although I'm not sure how difficult it is to convey the meaning of a song title between Chinese and English so it might be as good as it can get.

#10

SNH48 - Dream Land (2016)

#9

GNZ48 - You Don't Know Me (2016)

#8

SNH48 - A Yo Ai Yo (2016)

#7

GNZ48 - Flashing Dream (2016)

#6

SNH48 - 48 Secrets (2016)

#5

BEJ48 - Hello! Mr. Future (2016)

#4

SNH48 - Engine Of Youth (2016)

#3

SNH48 - Princess's Cloak (2016)

#2

SNH48 - Romantic Melody (2016)

#1

SNH48 - Hand Of Justice (2016)

I just love how these are all actually on YouTube. Not like Japanese songs. I also never saw any of their MVs until looking them up for this. Holy crap the budget! These rankings will probably change so much by next year lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment