Friday, December 9, 2016

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown Day #9: Top Country Girls, Kobushi Factory, Tsubaki Factory, & Kenshuusei

It's too bad none of these groups have enough songs to fill an entire countdown yet. Well, Kobushi does (and technically the Kenshuusei do too but they'll always be with other groups unless they come out with a second album), but I haven't heard the songs from Kobushi's album yet so they still get this place. With C-ute leaving next year, there will be an open slot on the countdown for them or Country Girls, depending on if Country Girls releases an album since they have more seniority.

I guess I'll go backwards and talk about the Kenshuusei first. This year I don't find myself interested in any of the Kenshuusei that are left. There's girls that I think are talented, but I'm not invested in any of them like I was with Musubu or Kisora. Even the Kenshuusei test this year was pretty bad. I thought almost all of the girls didn't perform well, especially girls who had been in the company for a while. Momohime knocked it out of the park & Hikaru/Ruru were good as usual, but everyone else just sounded blah. As for who I'm rooted for for 13th gen....I don't really know. I don't want Kaede. I don't think her vocals are hot stuff like everyone says they are, she just has a deep voice. I do want Reina though. Her singing is ok, but she's so gorgeous. She and Maria could be co-faces of the group & get lots of photoshoots I believe. As for a good singer, either Hikaru or Ruru would be nice. Momohime I believe would be a good talent to have in MM, but not yet. In my opinion, she doesn't look mature enough yet to meld into the group with the style they're going for these days. In a year or two, maybe, but not yet. Could MM change their style up to fit her? Yes. But at the same time, MM has NEVER been a cutesy group. Sure they have a couple cuter songs, but they've always been a more mature looking funky group and to become Country Girls 20 years into their existence would be a terrible route to pursue. I truly think that Momohime is the next Karin/Ayano. The future face of a future group once she's older to be able to carry it. So yeah, I don't have much of a preference for 13th gen. Even if Kaede or Momohime get in, I won't be upset. I don't personally think they'll fit, but who knows, they might surprise me.

Tsubaki! I don't care what anyone says I love Tsubaki & they're better than Kobushi will ever be (bold statement xD). Yes, objectively Kobushi are much MUCH more talented than the Tsubaki girls. However, I love EDM. Therefore, I vastly prefer Tsubaki over Kobushi and always will unless both groups drastically change their style. I'm extremely excited for their major debut. Just Try sounds like it'll be great in the studio recording. The three new members were a shock this year. Mao was really the one I was hoping to get into MM, but I'm very pleased with her placement in Tsubaki. Saori I was always iffy on (I've always seen her as a Karin-lite), but she seems to be fitting in well. I didn't really know anything about Mizuho, but she's SO pretty and fits in with the group perfectly. I'm upset that they only received one release this year (I don't count the EP cause it was all already released/covers). Hitorijime was.....ok. I typically love Tsunku's songs but it just felt ok. Nothing mind blowing like Manmannaka or Sakihokore.

Kobushi is a group of ups and downs for me. They're so very talented, but so few of their songs appeal to me. I don't really care for funky pop rock music and it's grating hearing young teenagers attempting to do that vocal growl in songs. I didn't really like any of the songs on their third single, and outside of Sakura Night Fever (which grew on me), their second single was meh too. Also, what's with them receiving an album before Country Girls?! That somewhat bothers me but whatever. I am surprised that none of the girls have announced a graduation yet though. H!P groups tend to always have that one that leaves not long after debut. I would be ok with both Kobushi & Tsubaki becoming the new Berryz/Cute and not having generations (barring Tsubaki gen 2 as they were clearly added to balance out the group before major debut) and graduating as a mainly intact team.

Country Girls had such a high point early this year with Boogie Woogie Love & Koi wa Magnet, and then kind of crashed from that with the okay Dou Datte & a song cover. I don't like covers. To me, it's a company being lazy and they didn't want to pay a songwriter to do something original. I really wanted an album from them this year. I'm hoping that the rumor of their new single is true. The rumored song titles sound like a dark vs. light (SWTOR themed? LOL....if anyone gets the bad joke xD) concept with a mature song and a cutey song. I think that'd be cool. I'm SO glad that Momoko is leaving next year. It's a perfect time, right after Cute leaves. I'm also hoping for a Country Girls Gen 3 with Momohime & one of the newer girls. And Musubu leads. And solos. And a Musubu solo career without Country Girls. Yes. That. Speaking of Musubu, was anyone else upset that she got no lines in that cover song? I was upset. It wasn't only a cover song, but it was also a cover song without Musubu getting a solo line. Two dings from me! In all seriousness though, Namida no Request isn't bad at all, I'm just annoyed they had a cover song as an A-side on a single with only two songs. It's not as annoying when there's more songs.

#10

Country Girls - Dou Datte Ii no (2016) (NEW)

#9

Kobushi Factory - Sakura Night Fever (2016) (NEW)

#8

Hello! Pro Kenshuusei - Oheso no Kuni Kara Konnichiwa (2014) (-4)

#7

Kobushi Factory - Survivor (2015) (-4)

#6

Country Girls - Boogie Woogie Love (2016) (NEW)

#5

Hello! Pro Kenshuusei - Koishitai Shinto (2015) (+2)

#4

Hello! Pro Kenshuusei - Onna no Sono (2015) (-2)

#3

Tsubaki Factory - Keidakaku Sakihokore! (2015) (NEW)

#2

Country Girls - Koi wa Magnet (2016) (NEW)

#1

Tsubaki Factory - Seishun Manmannaka! (2015) (-)

No comments:

Post a Comment