Monday, December 12, 2016

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown Day #12: Top C-ute

This is supposed to be about C-ute, but just a quick aside: Congrats to the new Musume members! I had a feeling that Yokoyama would get in because of the random buzz around her that seemed to crop up overnight. She's very pretty and I hope that she has a good voice to accompany that. As for Kaede....well. I'm very happy that she's getting to realize her dream and got to join the group with the most opportunities. I truly hope that she melds in well and is a good asset for Musume. The members both are older which is a shock (and it feels like there will be new younger members added next year too because of it) and they both fit the current mature image of MM. Congrats again to them & I can't wait to see their debut!

As for C-ute. I sooooo knew it. I KNEW they would announce their disbandment this year. Honestly, it's time and I couldn't be happier that they're leaving. That sounds awful as I do like them, but H!P needs to complete it's transition to the new H!P and pass the torch to the new members and groups. Now there's just Ayaka Wada who is pre-2010 (if you don't count Aika who doesn't do anything anyway.). I fully predict that Ayaka will announce next year as well. Maybe not graduate, but definitely announce.

As for C-ute's music this year, outside of Mugen Climax (which was such a return to form for them), nothing was outstanding at all. Jinsei wa Step was fun & even though I've mainly ignored Summer Wind, I'm coming around to it. Naze Hito was just bad & I don't even remember what the other Mugen Climax single songs sound like so that's not a good sign. I guess I can say they outdid Angerme this year and maybe Kobushi, but I'm not sure on my feelings on that. Hopefully their final single will be an awesome goodbye for them. I'm also expecting a single/B-side collection like Berryz. I will be so incredibly upset if they don't do that. I want their singles/B-sides but I don't want to have to buy all of the singles I don't have to do so. I'm running out of room on my display shelf.

#10

Mugen Climax (2016) (NEW)

#9

Kiss Me Aishiteru (2011) (-2)

#8

Kanashiki Heaven (2012; Aitai Aitai na) (-3)

#7

Crazy Kanzen na Otona (2013) (+2)

#6

Midnight Temptation (2011; Chou Wonderful 6) (-)

#5

Please, Love Me More! (2013; Tokai no Hitorigurashi) (+3)

#4

Aitai Aitai Aitai na (2012) (-2)

#3

Adam to Eve no Dilemma (2013) (+1)

#2

Tokaikko Junjou (2007) (+1)

#1

I Miss You (2014) (-)

No comments:

Post a Comment