Monday, May 25, 2015

SKE48 - Sansei Kawaii!

I have a difficult time wrapping my head around the fact that this single will be 2 years old come November. The end of 2013 was when I decided to buy 48G releases like I buy H!P releases. My wallet has been crying ever since lol.

The title track for this single is Sansei Kawaii! It's a standard SKE track along the lines of 1234 Yoroshiku & Banzai Venus. Even though it is standard for them, it's a lot of fun and a pretty catchy song which makes it memorable. It's one of those songs where you read the title & sing it in your head. Even though the video concept has been done to death in the 48G franchise, it's a very pretty video to look at. It was filmed in Thailand and the girls look like they're having the time of their lives. 5/5.

Sansei Kawaii! MV

The first B-side is Koko de Ippatsu found on the Type A version of the CD. This song is sung by a unit comprised of Akari Suda & Kaori Matsumura. The music sounds a bit like a carnival. My feelings are split on the song. I kind of like the chorus, but the verses and the talking bits really drag the song down. The song really seems to fit the unit though. The video I really enjoy. Before watching the video, I had no idea that Akari could do the limbo thing like that. I was super impressed. 3.5/5.

Koko de Ippatsu MV

The next B-side is Mich wa Naze Tsuzuku no ka? found on all versions of the single. The opening of this song sounds VERY familiar. It sounds almost identical to the opening of a contemporary Christian song I have that I can't remember the title of at the moment. It's going to drive me crazy for the next week until I figure it out xD Besides the opening (which is only memorable because I'm positive I've heard it before), the song itself is a non event. It's upbeat, but it's so run of the mill and not in a good way like Sansei. 3/5.

The next B-side is Zutto Zutto Saki no Kyou found on all versions of the single. This is just a typical 48G song that skirts the line between midtempo & ballad. It's boring either way. 3/5.

The next B-side is Itsunomanika, Yowaimono Ijime found on the Type B version of the CD. Besides Koko de Ippatsu, I don't think I've listened to the other unit songs from this single. Or if I have, I don't remember any of them. Judging from this first song, I'm guessing I may have listened to them and don't remember them because there's nothing special about them. This is another of those interchangeable songs from 48G. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a little unfair with that characterization as they have close to 1000 songs and there's obviously going to be some overlap. It's just my general dislike for the generic idol pop that makes me say it....MM could put out Seishun Kozou 20 times only changing a few things & I'd probably love it because it's EDM xD Everyone has bias in their music taste though. The music video's pretty standard for 48G. Nothing super interesting. 3/5.

Itsunomanika, Yowaimono Ijime MV

The next B-side is Canaria Syndrome found on the Type C edition of the single. Ah this song started out so promising. Then it turned straight into a generic idol pop track, and not an interesting one at that. Now I'm sure that I did listen to them before, because I remember having a good association with this song and now I remember it's just because of that beginning/transition. Disappointed to say the least. The music video is the same as the song, something you'd find on every 48G single. 3/5.

Canaria Syndrome MV

The final B-side is Zakuro no Mi wa Yuu'utsu ga Nantsubu Tsumatteiru? found on the Type D version of the single. Perhaps THIS was the song that I associated with good in my head instead of Canaria. It's not as powerful as I wish it was, but I like the fact that it actually has a beat and it's something different from the rest of the single. I really enjoy this MV. The dance looks like it could be really good if it was just sped up a little. 4/5.

Zakuro no Mi wa Yuu'utsu ga Nantsubu Tsumatteiru? MV

Overall this release is just okay. The title track is really catchy and among the better standard 48G fare, but the B-sides are nothing to write home about. 3.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment