Monday, May 11, 2015

NMB48 - Bokura no Eureka

I have no idea why all of my NMB CDs are reaching the top of the "to be reviewed" pile at once lol. This is the third in a row.

The title track is Bokura no Eureka. This is one of 48G's "summer singles" and not a very interesting one at that. I always expect that the summer single of any group will be generic idol pop (although there have been exceptions like Utsukushii Inazuma and Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai), but usually they're super catchy and fun. This is just a pretty average song. The video's a bikini one (at least in the dance shot) and I don't have the patience to sit through a nine minute music video. I don't see how getting stranded on an island fits with the song anyway. Maybe the bikini/beach/summer theme, but otherwise it's kind of strange. Not my thing. 3/5.

Bokura no Eureka MV

The first B-side is Todokanasou de Todoku Mono found on all of the regular editions. Now this should have been the title track. It's so catchy. It's got a slight electronic undertone that really makes the song. Probably my favorite NMB B-side. 5/5.

The next B-side is Okuba by Shirogumi which is found on the Type A and theater versions of the single. It's a really boring ballad. My brain literally can't focus on it long enough to find anything worth listening to in the song. Listen, 48G powers that be, if you makes ballads you have to make sure that they actually have discernible emotion in them so the listener can connect with the song. In this, the girls sound just as bored to be singing it as I feel listening to it. At least the video fits. A boring school setting with seifukus. Actually makes sense. 2.5/5.

Okuba MV

The next B-side is Yaban na Soft Cream by Akagumi found on the Type B and theater editions of the single. I don't find this song much more interesting than Okuba, but at least it keeps you awake. It's another idol pop track. The music video for this really makes me want ice cream. 3/5.

Yaban na Soft Cream

The next B-side is Hinadan de wa Boku no Miryoku wa Ikinainda by Teppoutai found on the Type C version of the single. I find this one only slightly more interesting than the Teppoutai on Kitagawa Kenji. It's still generic idol pop, but it's a little more catchy. The music video really makes the song though. It's so funny. They nailed the 80s thing perfectly. 3/5.

Hinadan de wa Boku no Miryoku wa Ikinainda MV

The final B-side is Sayanee, found on the theater edition. This is more boring than Okuba. I've come to expect very little from the theater edition tracks though. There are only a couple that are good to me. The fact that this runs five and a half minutes is criminal. 2.5/5.

Sayanee (Audio)

There's only one song on this single that I really enjoy. The others are either just average or extremely boring. Probably my least favorite NMB single as a whole. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment