Sunday, May 3, 2015

Nogizaka46 - Inochi wa Utsukushii

I'm shocked that I'm getting another newer release done lol. This is Nogizaka's latest single. I'm pretty sad that they ended the Rina/Rena concurrences. Rena worked well in Nogizaka and Rina really seemed to blossom in AKB. It's really a shame that their kennins were cancelled. I still don't get why fans complain about kennins....all of the 48s really are only subgroups of AKB...at least that's how I see it. I believe it's only a matter of time before Nogizaka46 is used in AKB as a tactic to keep them million sellers.

The title track of the single is Inochi wa Utsukushii. Nogizaka's lead tracks tend to be very hit or miss for me (much like the rest of 48G). This song is in the middle for me. It's one of their better title tracks, but I have mixed feelings about it. The verses are really great, which surprises me, but the chorus just seems like a bit of a let down to me. I'm not really sure what I was expecting. The music video is really beautiful. I don't like the dresses in the dance shot though. They're pretty hideous. 4/5.

Inochi wa Utsukushii MV

The main B-side across all versions is Arakajime Katarareru Romance. It's a very typical idol song. Not my thing at all really. If I had a dollar for every J-pop song I own that sounds like/has this feel, I'd actually be able to afford my music addiction. 3/5.

Arakajime Katarareru Romance (Audio)

The Type A B-side for this single is Tachinaorichuu. I think I'd rather listen to Arakajime on repeat than this more than once. It's so boring. Like all idol ballads, I've heard this song at least 100 other times. I swear all they do is mess with the arrangements of one song, retitle it, have new girls sing it, and call them new songs. Very rarely do I hear anything that makes them any more special or different than the others. The music video for the song is really long. Companies, you can tell a story within the length of a song too you know....especially J-pop songs because they're usually 4-5 minutes long. 3/5.

Tachinaorichuu MV

The Type B B-side for this single is Gomen ne Zutto. It's another ballad. Really Nogizaka song choosing people? Really? I think it's even more boring than Tachinaorichuu. Not even the pick up for the chorus helps the song. It's just bland. The music video is so cute though. I'm guessing this is a Nanase solo then? Her voice sounds pretty good if so. I love the childhood pictures/clips that they put in the video. It almost feels like a graduation video even though it's not. I think when she looks back on this time in her life, this video will be really something special. 3/5.

Gomen ne Zutto MV

The Type C B-side for this single is Kimi wa Boku to Awanai Kata ga Yokatta no Kana. It's at least not a ballad. That's what I can say nice about it. Even though the instrumentation is different than the other tracks, I still can't find anything that stands out about this song in a good way. It's easily the most forgettable song from the single. The music video is so run of the mill too that it doesn't make the song any more memorable like Gomen ne Zutto's video does. 3/5.

Kimi wa Boku to Awanai Kata ga Yokatta no Kana MV

The final B-side for this single is found on the regular version of the CD and is called Border. It's actually funny to me that this B-side is the best of the whole single. It's upbeat and catchy. After every 48G release, I always listen to the clips to decide which version of the CD to get (cause I can't afford all at once), and I was so happy that the best B-side was on the cheapest version xD I almost like it as much as Inochi. 4/5.

Border (Audio)

Like I said earlier, Nogizaka's singles are very hit or miss for me, but this is probably the most boring 48G release in a long time. There's almost nothing special about this release. I can't say that I'll come back to any song on this single very often after the new factor wears off. 3/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment