Friday, May 8, 2015

SKE48 - Coquettish Juutaichuu

I'm positive that Japanese lyricists just open up a dictionary, place their finger on a random word in another language and name their song that. When I saw the title I had to go look up the word cause I sure didn't know what it meant xD So in all seriousness....is Coquettish a word that Japanese people actually use/know what it means? I'm so curious to understand why Aki-P used the word "Coquettish" in a song title.

The A-side of the single is Coquettish Juutaichuu. This song is a really typical 48G track. In fact, I'm almost positive that they've used parts of this song before. When they sing the first part of the chorus, it sounds EXACTLY like one of their other songs...I just can't remember the name of it at the moment. It's actually bothering me that I can't remember it. It's a pretty catchy song though. I wouldn't mind listening to it more than once. The video reminds me of Koisuru Fortune Cookie mixed with Banzai Venus. In other words: been there, done that. Yeah yeah, I get that I sound like a hypocrite because I defend H!P's dance shot in a box videos, but at least the dances are discernibly different to people who don't know dances and their green screen/white background changes colors. 4/5.

Coquettish Juutaichuu MV

The main B-side across all single versions is Boku wa Shitteiru. It was used as the theme song to their documentary. It's another pretty standard fare idol pop song, but unlike Juutaichuu, there really is nothing memorable about it at all. It's just okay. 3/5.

Boku wa Shitteiru (Audio)

The B-side for the Type A edition is Dirty by Team S. SKE's more EDM-ish tracks tend to be their best ones, but this one is kind of in the middle for me. The verses are really cool and seem like they're going to build up to a really explosive chorus, but then all we get is the word "Dirty" repeated over and over. As a pop fan, you have to be used to repeated words. However, this is just overkill to the extreme. The video makes sense with the whole "dirty" thing, but all I see is MM's Koko ni Iruzee video even though they are completely different. 4/5.

Dirty MV

The B-side for the Type B edition is Kon'ya wa Join Us! by Team KII. The song's not bad. It's a typical idol track but it has a 50s/60s diner feel to it. Not very memorable to me though. The video's kind of cute. I like the prom theme. 3/5.

Kon'ya wa Join Us! MV

The B-side for the Type C edition is Oto wo Keshita TV by Team E. Not sure if I like this more than Kon'ya or not. It's slower, but it's got such a nice flow to it. I actually enjoy it. The video is really average. 3.5/5.

Oto wo Keshita TV MV

The B-side for the Type D edition is Sakura, Oboeteite Kure by Mieko Sato, Yuka Nakanishi, and Airi Furukawa (who were all graduating). I knew before I even listened to it that it would be like every other graduation song from 48G. They're so bland and boring. This is no different. 3/5.

Sakura, Oboeteite Kure MV

The final B-side of the single is Yoru no Kyoukasho found on the theater edition. So after I stop buying solely the theater editions the songs on them get good? Interesting. I'll have to grab a copy from ebay. This song is probably the third best on the CD behind the title track and Dirty. I can't even think of anything it reminds me of which is a good sign. 4/5.

Yoru no Kyoukasho (Audio)

I don't think the single is as good as their last one, but it's ok. Really it's a very idolly song mix. I do recommend checking out the theater edition track though. It's pretty great. 3.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment