Monday, May 11, 2015

AKB48 - Kaze wa Fuiteiru

Ever since Juice=Juice released Kaze ni Fukarete, I keep getting the two titles messed up. When I was searching for this single on Generasia, I typed in "Kaze wa Fukarete" and was so confused that it was bringing anything up xD. It's mindboggling to me that 2011 was 4 years ago already. I barely knew what AKB48 was back then.

The title track is Kaze wa Fuiteiru. I had never cared for this song when I first got into AKB48. It actually annoyed me that it was referred to as one of the "cool" singles because it didn't fit my definition of what that should be. As a result, it was one of the last AKB singles I bought from the years before I started following them. Of course, after I received the single, my perception on the song changed. It's so different than what they've done for any other single. It's a really powerful song. It might not be a "cool" song like UZA or Beginner, but it certainly ranks up there with them as one of their best singles. I really love the colors of the outfits/set in the video. It really fits the song. I don't know if that makes sense to associate a song with colors, but they just fit so perfectly. I don't quite get what the tree...beaver...rabbit....looking thing is in the video though. It was kind of freaky when I first saw it. 5/5.

Kaze wa Fuiteiru MV

The first B-side is Kimi no Senaka which is found on all versions. I love how this is such a contrast to the title track. Kaze is all dark and flowing and this is bubbly idol pop. It's not among my favorite of their generic idol pop songs, but it's listenable. The slow down & vocal effects on the bridge are pretty cool. The video is way too long again. I'd like to see them go one single without releasing videos that are longer than the song. It's funny seeing Aika center an AKB song though. I'm so used to her in HKT it feels weird. 3.5/5.

Kimi no Senaka MV

The next B-side is Vamos found on the Type A version of the single. The very beginning of this song is so misleading lol. When it starts I always picture the beginning of a rap song. The song is nothing like that of course (although I'd love to see them attempt it...Green Flash is NOT rapping xD). It's bubbly & catchy but I wouldn't call it a generic idol pop track. It's got too much of bass line for that. The Vamo-Vamo-Vamos! part of the chorus is so dang catchy too. The video isn't anything special, but the "guy" (it IS one of the girls dressed as the guy right? xD) is so bouncy and happy it's funny. 4/5.

Vamos MV

The next B-side is Gondola Lift found on the Type B version of the single. Every time I have typed the title of this song today I keep putting "life" instead of "lift". This might be a ballad, but I actually don't mind this one. The girls really sound good together & they don't sound as bored as rocks. The music video is so sweet. A fantastic example of a video that can have a moving plot to it and still stay in the song's time limit. 3.5/5.

Gondola Lift MV

The final B-side is Tsubomitachi found on the Theater edition of the single. It's actually strange ending a 48G single this early lol. I'm used to the singles now that have like 8 songs on each. Having only four B-sides is kind of refreshing. It's a very idol pop track. I kind of like it though. Maybe it's just the fact that this single is actually fairly good quality that I'm saying it, but it's definitely catchy. 4/5.

Tsubomitachi (Audio)

For a 48G single, this is pretty strong. The title track is one of their best and even the generic idol & ballads tracks are solid. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment