Monday, November 24, 2014

Nogizaka46 - Nandome no Aozora ka

I've officially decided that I will not attempt to embed any more Jpopsuki videos. The reason being is that it just slows down the page a lot. I know a lot of people don't have the best computers or internet so I don't want to cause issues with that especially because of the already high amount of YouTube embeds on this blog.

Nogizaka46 is another one of the groups under the 48G umbrella. Yes, yes, they're called AKB's "official rivals" but obviously that's not true xD Rena & Rina's kennins confirm that Nogizaka is practically another sister group. What's interesting about Nogizaka however is that they are more of a "traditional" group. To be honest, I'm not really 100% sure what exactly that means. I'm guessing their style leans more to 80s-90s J-Pop? I really don't know a lot about J-Pop beyond the 2010s so I'm not sure. Unlike the 48s as well is that Nogizaka does not use the Team system and instead is only broken up by generation.

The title track is performed by the selected Senbatsu members. This single is probably the best title track of the year. It's not my personal favorite, but musically I think it's the best. Kidzuitara Kataomoi was pretty boring for me and Natsu no Free & Easy (although my favorite because it's catchy) is extremely generic and sounds like the vast majority of the 48 group tracks from this year. Nandome to me feel like a mix between Kidzuitara & Natsu. Not musically because none of the three sound like each other, but just in the feel of the track overall. I really don't care for the music video. I also don't really understand the video either xD Another reason I really should stop putting off attempting to learn some basic Japanese. From what I understand, the guy is somehow in an all-girl school, and then the girls sort of gang up on him in the end? I think? I don't know but I feel bad for the guy xD Unless he says something not good in the beginning....but I don't understand what he's saying so yeah. 4/5

Senbatsu: Erika Ikuta, Mai Shiraishi, Nanase Nishino, Nanami Hashimoto, Sayuri Matsumura, Yumi Wakatsuki, Rina Ikuta, Manatsu Akimoto, Mai Fukagawa, Reika Sakurai, Misa Eto, Kazumi Takayama, Minami Hoshino, Chiharu Saito, Miona Hori, Rena Matsui

Nandome no Aozora ka MV

The second track of the single is Toomawari no Aijou. Honestly, this song is incredibly forgettable. It's just another ballad. To me there's nothing really special about it at all. 3/5.

I'll add the audio only tracks later. I just don't have the time right now to search for them/upload them myself. Sorry!

The Type A track for this single is Korogatta Kane wo Narase!. I absolutely love the video for this song! It's the highlight of the release for me. I also love that the announcer speaks in Spanish xD I can understand Spanish at an ok level (Not sure what the actual term would be...) & I was actually able to understand what was being said so I was happy. The song is ok. Certainly not something I'd play a lot without the video. 3/5 (but 5/5 for the awesome video!)

Korogatta Kane wo Narase MV

The Type B track for this single is Watashi, Okiru. I believe this is my favorite song of the release. After last single's fantastic "Koko ni Iru Riyuu", I was really hoping that there would be a track on their next single in a similar style. Although I didn't quite get that, this song has some of the same style. Unfortunately it's nowhere near as good. As for the video, honestly I only made it through about half of it. I really dislike music videos that are a lot longer than the song itself. Although if you like videos like that, you'll probably like it. 4/5.

Watashi, Okiru MV

The Type C track for this single is Ano Hi Boku wa Tossa ni Uso wo Tsuita. This another pretty typical song. It's good, but nothing special at all. Kind of reminds me of Sono Saki no Deguchi from their last single but again not as good. The video again I didn't get through. I like videos with a story but sometimes it's too much. This is a pop song not a drama. 3.5/5.

Ano Hi Boku wa Tossa ni Uso wo Tsuita MV

The regular edition track for this single is Tender Days. It's ok, but another forgettable track. What I do like about it however when in comparison to Toomawari is that this has some "country music" sounds in it which gives it more character. Too bad that it's boring for the most part. They could've gone further with the "country" theme. 3/5.

I'm honestly pretty disappointed with this release as a whole. Maybe I just had my expectations too high. The entire Natsu no Free & Easy single was very solid and had a few high quality songs. This release isn't bad, just pretty boring. All of the songs are pretty low energy and even though I'd be critical of the obvious generic idol energetic pop song, this release really needs one just to up the energy a bit. Or at least some interesting production. There were a few songs that seemed like they were heading in the right direction, but just didn't go far enough. 3.5/5. Enjoy the songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment