Thursday, November 6, 2014

GALETTe - She Is Wannabe!

No better way to start off a new blog than with one of my favorite groups! GALETTe is a Japanese girl group that began in 2013. I discovered them through their 'G' video shortly before they released their second single. They currently have four members: Saki Shishima, Ayano Hosaka, NONOKO, and Yui Komori (who is formerly from HKT48). To date they have released four singles: G, Jajauma to Yobanaide/Candy Pop, Brand-New Style, and She Is Wannabe. Their newest single, She Is Wannabe, charted at #11 on Oricon and sold over 10,000 copies, which is pretty fantastic considering their 3rd single only reached #21 and sold over 3,000 copies. So I'm really glad that they are gaining fans because they're really awesome!

The title track, She Is Wannabe! is a track that goes along with their other singles in terms of sound. As a song, I personally like it. It certainly is not as good as Brand New Style, which is probably my favorite single of the year, but after playing it a few times I was hooked. If you enjoy their other main singles, you should enjoy this song as well. The video reminds me a lot of a Hello! Project video, mainly because of the curtain lol. The outfits are a massive step up from the Brand New Style ones though.

Honestly I'm pretty bad when it comes to figuring out HTML and whatever else these things take, so I cannot figure out for the life of me how to embed this music video. If it was on YouTube it'd be simple but it's not. Oh well, sorry. Just click the link & it'll take you to the site. If the link clicking works....if not just highlight & paste into the website bar. The preview of the post wouldn't show it working so.....yeah. Obviously I'm very blog illiterate xD I'll figure it out eventually and fix it I swear...I used to know how to do it....

She Is Wannabe! MV:

http://www.jpopsuki.tv/video/GALETTe---She-is-WANNABE%2521-/58a9e6fd4260dfd9bdad95e696490714

This is their first single to have more than one coupling track. This time there is three: Natural Sweet na Kuki, Dress Code wa GLT, and Beautiful Love World. When I found out they were having multiple B-sides this time around, I was both excited and upset. Excited because it meant more new GALETTe music and upset because it meant I had to spend a lot more money to get all of the songs (as I don't collect CD types, just the music). Even though I'm glad that I bought the three types, at the same time I'm disappointed. I enjoy the coupling tracks, but none of them are really anything special. Beautiful Love World is my favorite at this point and Natural Sweet na Kuki my least favorite. I believe that none of the B-side really stand out because they are all in the same musical style. That's probably going to sound really hypocritical in the future when I talk about Hello! Project, because I am an EDM lover and every song can sound the same from them and I'll love it, but these three songs just run together for me. Perhaps after listening to them more I'll not be so disappointed.

Natural Sweet na Kuki:

Dress Code wa GLT:

Beautiful Love World:

For just the title track, I give the song a 4.5/5. It's catchy and enjoyable, but it just can't reach Brand New Style. For the release as a whole, I give it a 3.5/5. The B-side tracks are ok, but they just don't stand out. Enjoy checking out the tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment