Sunday, November 9, 2014

Chi-Chi - Love Is Energy

It's seriously tragic that this group disbanded. Yeah they started out not so great (even though I personally loved their debut), but by the time of this release, their final, they were pretty incredible. They should've at least released a mini album so we would have more than like 6 songs of theirs. I also believe that I blogged about them when I discovered they disbanded.....but I deleted that so here we go again lol.

Chi-Chi was a Korean girl group that debuted in 2011 and disbanded in 2013. They had a few lineups in their 2 years as a group. The group debuted with the song Don't Play Around with seven members: Sui, Semi, Azi, Boreum, Nara, Peach, and Ji U. During the period before their second single, Longer, three of the members left: Nara, Peach, and Ji U, and they added a new member: Shine. After Shine joined, they debuted in Japan with the Japanese version of their first single. Needless to say they flopped pretty badly in Japan. Not sure if that attempt was ever a good idea considering they had no footing in Korea and were from a very small company. After their attempt at cracking the Japanese market, they released their single single, Love Is Energy. After this release, in 2013, they were confirmed to have disbanded. (Side note: thanks to Generasia's wiki page on them for helping me keep my information straight.)

I still hold the opinion that Love Is Energy is one of the best K-pop songs of 2012. So much wasted potential with this group disbanding. They even started to get some recognition for this song! (Yes, I'm still very bitter that they disbanded.) The music video was gorgeous too, except for the wings that the one member (Sui I think, not sure) was wearing.

I cannot find the official music video on YouTube for this anymore. I cannot even find the video uploaded by other people except for "male" versions and like one subber. But here's the only one I found:

Love Is Energy MV:

The coupling track of this single, Leon, is at the same level or possibly even better than Love Is Energy. Just so great. Why do all the good K-Pop groups disappear/disband. Just wait until I blog about Chocolat, that'll be even more of a rant than this xD But anyway, even though I love this song, I cannot listen to it without thinking of Resident Evil xD Not sure if anyone that would read this would know that video game series, but my friend has made me play it and in some of the games of the series, there's a character named Leon. That's pretty off topic from music, but I can't listen to the song anymore without images of Resident Evil 6 popping up in my head xD

Leon (Audio only):

The whole release is a 5/5 hands down. If you've never heard of Chi-Chi, I urge you to listen to these two songs. In fact their whole discography is pretty fantastic....all six songs of it. Just avoid the Japanese coupling track Sexy Doll (which is actually sung in Korean, it was just on their only Japanese single). It's probably their only true bad song. It's just kind of tragic.....I swear they're saying the words "Sex Doll" in the chorus instead of saying what the lyrics say "I'll be your sexy doll". Odd thought process to end on lol. Enjoy the tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment