Tuesday, December 15, 2015

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown Day #15: Top H!P Members (Year End Edition)

Link From May's Ranking.

As I've stated before, I feel like H!P has been on a bit of a downturn this year, music wise. I guess I'm still not over Tsunku not producing all of the groups' music anymore. Some of the new people brought in have done awesome [Nana Korobi Yaoki, Choice & Chance, Seishun Manmannaka], but some have been downright dreadful [Desugita, Tamerenai]. I'm hoping that in 2016 Tsunku does at least one song for every group & we have less attempts at "metal" or "super duper cutesy".

As before, no members who have announced their graduations are listed.

Morning Musume

-In my opinion, Morning Musume has had the best year in H!P. This year will be a good turning point for them with Riho leaving. Their first single of the year was pretty solid, with a nice attempt at a different type of music video, their second single showed different centers and different styles of music, and their third single (although I find it the weakest release from them this year), represents that change when Riho leaves. 2016 will be interesting for Musume.

#1: Kanon Suzuki

#2: Masaki Sato

-Masaki's getting realllllly close to inching out Kanon for that top spot. She really just blossomed this year into a star.

#3: Sakura Oda

#4: Miki Nonaka

#5: Akane Haga

-I never cared for Akane in the Kenshuusei, but man she has really caught my attention in Musume.

#6: Haruka Kudo

#7: Ayumi Ishida

#8: Mizuki Fukumura

#9: Maria Makino

-Once my favorite Kenshuusei, was really excited to see her in Musume, and now she's really low in rankings. She just hasn't stood out at all in Musume. I wonder if she would've been a better choice for Kobushi or Tsubaki.

#10: Haruna Iikubo

#11: Erina Ikuta

#12: Haruna Ogata

-I feel bad for listing one of the newbies in the last spot. I just don't see what she adds to the group. Maybe she'll grow within the next year.

C-ute

-C-ute has been super meh this year with their releases. The Middle Management was cool, but I got tired of it pretty quickly. I eventually warmed up to Tsugi no Kado, but again, not much replay value. Their second single this year was worse though. Arigatou was boring and Arashi could have been pretty great if Maimi hadn't been allowed to sing. I'm hoping their album presents something awesome, but from Jounetsu and Iron Heart, I'm not holding my breath.

#1: Airi Suzuki

#2: Chisato Okai

#3: Mai Hagiwara

#4: Saki Nakajima

#5: Maimi Yajima

-Ah. I should feel bad for saying this but I wish she'd leave (or switch positions with Saki). Arashi could have been a good song if she wouldn't have sung in it. I don't hate her at all and she seems to truly enjoy what she does but I just hate her vocals so much.

Angerme

-Angerme has had an up & down year for me. Their first release was completely awesome & their second was also pretty great (discounting Gashin Shoutan). I still haven't heard all of the new album tracks in full yet so I can't really comment on it, although it did bring us the masterpiece that is Marionette. Their final single though was really a let down. I hope management never allows them to attempt a "metal" song again. None of them (besides maybe Meimi & Mizuki if they had enough coaching) can pull it off & Desugita was a screamy mess. Dondengaeshi is catchy, but it's missing that spark, and Watashi sounds cool, but why did Kanon, a girl that can truly sing, have to use the annoying high pitched cutesy vocals. It's bothersome. I'm just hoping for a little more consistency in their releases next year. I'm hoping they continue in the Otome/Nana Korobi/Dondengaeshi range. I think those kind of songs suit their image best.

#1: Ayaka Wada

#2: Meimi Tamura

#3: Mizuki Murota

#4: Maho Aikawa

-When she was first added to Angerme, I didn't get it. It was so out of left field that she was added, but even though she's still kind of awkward, she has this really cool persona that just draws you to her.

#5: Rikako Sasaki

#6: Akari Takeuchi

#7: Kana Nakanishi

#8: Rina Katsuta

Juice=Juice

-Juice=Juice hasn't really done much this year besides their half great half mediocre single and their album. Their album was just ok to me. I feel like I need to give it a couple more listens because nothing really grabbed me at first besides Choice & Chance. I'm hoping they get more releases next year.

#1: Karin Miyamoto

#2: Akari Uemura

#3: Yuka Miyazaki

#4: Sayuki Takagi

#5: Tomoko Kanazawa

-It bothers me that Tomoko is becoming a second Maimi to me. I really liked her when the group began but the tone of her voice just keeps sounding more and more awful to me.

Country Girls

-Oh Country Girls. I dislike the cutesy idol style, but their first single gave me hope that it would be done right. Both songs, although cutesy, were super catchy and fun. Then came their second single, with a Itooshikute rehash and the God-awful Tameranai. Now that Musubu's in the group, I really hope they step it up with Country Girls musically because I would hate to see Musubu stuck in a boring cutesy song rehash group.

#1: Musubu Funaki

-I wanted her for a new group/Musume so much but I'm just ecstatic that she's debuting!!

#2: Risa Yamaki

#3: Manaka Inaba

#4: Chisaki Morito

#5: Mai Ozeki

#6: Nanami Yanagawa

-I just don't know enough about her to have her in any other position besides the last one, not counting Momoko.

#7: Momoko Tsugunaga

Kobushi Factory

-Honestly I was not expecting to care much more Kobushi. I wasn't interested in hearing that they were going in a "rock" direction, but their single has been kind of a sleeper hit for me. I couldn't stand Ramen at first, but it's so catchy you can't help but love it. Dosukoi is pretty cool too. Although I'm not the biggest rock fan, I think this direction is perfect for their talent.

#1: Minami Nomura

#2: Ayaka Hirose

#3: Rei Inoue

#4: Sakurako Wada

#5: Rio Fujii

#6: Ayano Hamaura

#7: Natsumi Taguchi

#8: Rena Ogawa

Tsubaki Factory

-Tsubaki has really blown me away this year. I'd even argue that Seishun Manmannaka is my favorite release of the year. I know that most people complain about them not being the "best" singers or performers, but honestly, with a style like Seishun, they don't really NEED to be at Kobushi's level. To me it seems like they were designed to be the visual group with catchy electro songs to hide their supposed lack of ability. I also believe that a couple years from now they're going to have an explosion of talent and leave Kobushi in the dust. I view the whole Kobushi/Tsubaki thing very much like Berryz/Cute, and I think that was the point from H!P as well.

-I can finally rank them with some certainty!

#1: Kisora Niinuma

-I swear I will name my first daughter Kisora. I've never heard a name that I fell in love with so much as "Kisora". For Kisora herself, I love her performing. She's adorable and has one of the better vocals in Tsubaki.

#2: Yumeno Kishimoto

#3: Kiki Asakura

#4: Risa Ogata

#5: Ami Tanimoto

#6: Riko Yamagishi

Kenshuusei

#1: Ruru Danbara

-#DebutRuru2016Please.

#2: Kizuki Horie

#3: Kurumi Takase

#4: Kaede Kaga

#5: Reina Ichioka

#6: Mao Akiyama

#7-#18: The rest. I just don't have any kind of opinion on the rest of the girls (except Yumei. She can't sing at all and I feel bad for wanting her to quit because this is her dream, but gosh she's bad even for idol standards.)

That's my list. How would you rank Hello! Project?

No comments:

Post a Comment