Tuesday, December 15, 2015

25 Days Of Christmas Countdown Day #14: Top 48G Members (Year End Edition)

Ahhh I realize I didn't post this yesterday sorry! I had it typed up & ready to go but then I got very distracted by Dragon Age Inquisition.....lol. So I did a version of this earlier this year [Old Ranking From May Link], and this is my updated version for 48G. For NGT48 & Keyakizaka46, the members I have listed are more like first impressions from photos since they haven't really done anything lol. Like last time, it includes no members who have announced their graduations. I may also have a couple little comments for some members.

So before we get into the member lists, I just want to state some impressions on 48G as a whole this year. The music released this year by the groups was much higher quality than last year in my opinion. AKB in particular had pretty good A-sides and some fantastic B-sides. SKE & NMB were wonderful as well. HKT, unfortunately, I believe suffers from the sheer amount of groups/releases that need to be done. Absolutely nothing they did stood out to me this year. Nothing Nogizaka released really made an impression on me either, but I think that their music quality in general is pretty high, even though I don't quite care for the style. When it comes to the groups themselves, I think this year is establishing a turning point for them. First of all, there are SO MANY new girls incoming. At this point the groups are becoming so over-saturated they really need to stop with all of the new members/new groups. Also, if they're going to add all of these new girls, can they PLEASE do something with them? They (especially those running AKB) are playing it way too safe with Senbatsu choices and pushes. The new gen girls are being completely cast aside for the old. You'd think management would learn from Morning Musume about the importance of establishing newer members in the public eye, but apparently they haven't. They can't rely on Atsuko & Yuko to keep them relevant forever or the future AKB will be cursed with old gens maintaining relevance to the public, while new girls can't get a foothold. I sincerely hope that after the mess of a single they're planning for March that they make a real transition to the new gens. Give new girls variety show slots, give them subunits to show their unique talents, give them maybe an internet web series for viral marketing, give them photobooks, make them visible. Of course the shadow of the old AKB will always be there, but if they don't try and get new girls into the public eye, they will become exactly where Morning Musume is at right now. Handshakes will not hold them forever and the cracks in the system are starting to show.

Well that was kinda depressing lol. Onto the ranking! Just like the first time I did this, I can't explain why I like certain girls over others. Also besides approximately my top 3, most other positions are completely fluid so expect huge changes from last time lol.

AKB48

-My top 5 remained somewhat the same, but my bottom ranks totally changed (no thanks in part to Mitsuki graduating T-T)

#1: Minami Minegishi

-She'll always be my favorite in all the 48Gs.

#2: Misaki Iwasa

-Her solo single this year helped her to move up in ranks

#3: Nana Okada

-Why is she NOT senbatsu yet?! It's such a tragedy.

#4: Mayu Watanabe

-I was never a fan of Mayuyu. I thought she was one of those flavor of the month idols who just tried to be cutesy all the time for attention. This year I just became so impressed with her starting from her reaction to placing third in the election.

#5: Hijiri Tanikawa

#6: Yuka Tano

#7: Yuki Kashiwagi

#8: Ayana Shinozaki

#9: Kiara Sato

#10: Kira Takahashi

She's completely new, but there's something that says to me "I'm gonna be a star!" when I see her.

SKE48

#1: Aya Shibata

#2: Rara Goto

-To me, she has the idol aura. I think she's a new Sayaka in the making. Hopefully fans don't dislike her push and make her more like Rina Ikoma.

#3: Jurina Matsui

#4: Kaori Matsumura

#5: Madoka Umemoto

#6: Akari Suda

#7: Nao Furuhata

#8: Ruka Kitano

#9: Kyoka Isohara

#10: Ami Miyamae

NMB48

#1: Sayaka Yamamoto

#2: Rina Yamao

#3: Shu Yabushita

#4: Fuuko Yagura

#5: Kanae Iso

#6: Ayaka Umeda

#7: Konomi Kusaka

#8: Ririka Suto

#9: Nagisa Shibuya

#10: Miyuki Watanabe

HKT48

#1: Meru Tashima

#2: Chihiro Anai

#3: Sakura Miyawaki

#4: Haruka Ueno

#5: Yui Kojina

#6: Haruka Kodama

#7: Emiri Yamashita

#8: Anna Murashige

#9: Nako Yabuki

#10: Miku Tanaka

NGT48

#1: Yuka Ogino

#2: Minami Kato

#3: Yuria Otaki

#4: Reina Seiji

#5: Noe Yamada

#6: Ayaka Mizusawa

#7: Marina Nishigata

#8: Maho Yamaguchi

#9: Rie Kitahara

#10: Nanako Nishimura

Nogizaka46

#1: Rina Ikoma

-I really wish that she was popular. I love her and she makes a fantastic center.

#2: Minami Hoshino

#3: Maaya Wada

#4: Mai Shiraishi

#5: Nanase Nishino

#6: Iori Sagara

#7: Sayuri Matsumura

#8: Manatsu Akimoto

#9: Marika Ito

#10: Yumi Wakatsuki

Keyakizaka46

#1: Fuyuka Saito

#2: Yui Imaizumi

#3: Miyu Suzumoto

#4: Aoi Harada

#5: Manaka Shida

#6: Yui Kobayashi

#7: Nijika Ishimori

#8: Yuuka Sugai

#9: Nanami Yonetani

#10: Nanako Nagasawa

So that's my list! Who are your favorite 48G members?

No comments:

Post a Comment