Monday, August 31, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (August 31, 2015)

Track #1: La PomPon - Nazo

I think that's the correct romanization for the song. La PomPon is a six member group that was formed in 2014. This release is one of the A-side of their third single which is to be released on Sept. 16th. The track is a "cool" take on the generic idol pop track. What I mean by that is that the song doesn't deviate much from that formula, but it's presented in a way that makes it seem like a dance track. Musically it reminds me a lot of what AKB's Utsukushiki Mono sounds like.

Official Site

Track #2: Eva Simons - Chemistry

WHY DID SHE NEVER BECOME A THING!? One of the biggest tragedies of pop music in the 2010s IMO. I think the only real "hit" she had was that song with Will.i.am a few years back. I don't understand why she never got anything more than that. She had the sound, she had that hype from "Silly Boy" when everyone found out it wasn't Rihanna's song. I'm not sure what went wrong but I hope we someday get an album from her. Her music so good. If you like catchy electropop stuff like Lady Gaga's music, you'll love Eva's music.

Wikipedia Page

Track #3: Neon Jungle - Braveheart

I was debating if this song would fit within MDMs or not. I decided to put it here because although they were never an unknown group, they didn't get a lot of recognition outside of the UK and they disbanded far to early into their career. They were a four member girl group that began in 2013 and disbanded this year. I chose this song in particular out of their small (but stellar) discography because it was their biggest hit and I believe it's their most instant song. Like Eva's Chemistry, this is an electropop track. It reminds me a lot of what a mix between Krewella and Little Mix would be.

Wikipedia Page

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment