Monday, August 3, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (August 3, 2015 Edition)

On time this week! Barely lol. I recently got Dragon Age: Inquisition and was playing that all day. While wandering around in the game, the fact I hadn't done this yet popped into my head....but I made it before Monday's end! Today's post is going to be more focused on "lesser known" (i.e. album songs/B-sides) songs from more popular groups. A little change of pace from the last two.

Track #1: 4Minute - Say My Name

4Minute of course isn't an unknown group by any means, but as this song was only an album track it fits here nicely. This song was released on 4Minute's Volume Up mini album in 2012 and remains one of their best songs. The song is a lot like their earlier Huh days but has the more mature feel that Volume Up has.

Track #2: Morning Musume - Watashi wa Watashi Nanda

This song is an album track from their 12th album, released last year. I wanted to put this one on one of these MDMs because I personally think it's their best EDM style song. I heard so much fawning over Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi and, while good, it can't hold a candle to this song. Should have been a single.

Track #3: Team Syachihoko - Otome Juken Sensou

Team Syachihoko comes from the same company as Momoiro Clover Z, and you can really tell that with this song. Found on their first album, Himatsubushi, released in 2014, the song really reminds me of MCZ's Mugen no Ai. The above video is a live performance. There was no video of the studio version on YouTube.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment