Thursday, July 30, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (Late Thursday July 30, 2015 Edition)

First of all, I apologize for this being late. I wasn't home much on Monday and it slipped my mind. Then on Tuesday I had things come up after I posted the update and I wasn't home all day yesterday. But it is up finally today! Hopefully the more I do this section I will get used to posting on a regular schedule.

Track #1: Linda San Sei - Ruby Monogatari

I was debating if this fit better in Song Recommendations or here. I decided on here as they are a less known group. Linda San Sei is a "B-Pop" group that began in 2013. They are known as this because the girls are Japanese with a Brazilian heritage. I think they've had Portuguese in some of their songs before too. They currently have five members: Sayuri, Shiori, Sakura, Mutsumi, and Yukaren. This song reminds me of a mix between the electro styles in K-pop and Japanese idol pop.

Linda San Sei Official Site

Track #2: Bump.y - Savage Heaven

Bump.y was a five member group that was active from 2009-2014. I was so sad to hear that they were going to disband because the group had a lot of promise and it's disappointing that they didn't get much popularity. This was their last single before their disbandment. The song is a midtempo pop track with an electronic undertone.

Track #3: Aither - Kimi no Namida wa Boku no Kanashimi Kimi no Yume wa Boku no Kibou

Note: the video above is a sampler of all of the songs on their second single. Aither was a J-pop girl group that was active from 2013-2014. Even though they were short lived, they released three singles and even had a chance to perform in the United States. The song is a mix of 2000s Eurodance and J-pop.

If you have a song that you think needs to be more well known, feel free to comment about it! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment