Monday, July 20, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (July 20, 2015)

Welcome to my new section here! Music Discovery Mondays. These are going to be posts much like my Song Recommendation posts. Unlike those which focus on new releases, the music discovery posts aim to highlight some older songs that I feel either haven't gotten much recognition or I feel haven't been spread enough. This could be anything from indie groups to popular groups' album songs or B-sides. These posts are limited to three songs each week of any genre and may or may not actually be uploaded on a Monday lol. With my schedule being busy, I can't guarantee that these will always be posted on Mondays. I'm really hoping that I'll at least be able to do one per week. I hope you find something new to enjoy & even if you don't, have fun exploring! :)

Song #1: Kiss Me Kiss Me - Coco Decoru

Diving straight into indie idol territory with this first entry. Coco Decoru debuted as a four member group in 2013. The group currently has three members: Kurea Nishihara (who has announced her graduation), Ruka Yoshioka, and Yumi Fujii. Kiss Me Kiss Me is their first and currently only single to date and was released in June of 2014. The song's style is electropop.

Coco Decoru Official Site

Song #2: Whiplash - FEMM

I knew as soon as I thought up this series that I wanted to feature something by FEMM. I believe they actually have been getting some recognition, but posting about them here can only help that lol. FEMM stands for Far East Mention Mannequins and they began in summer of 2013. Their concept is that they are mannequins that were brought to life by FEMM Agency Syndicate. From what I've seen, the girls seem very dedicated to the concept. They actually have an interactive website where you can sign up to be an "agent" and earn mentions to help improve your rank on the site. If you're looking for an electropop group with a unique and interactive concept, FEMM is certainly for you.

FEMM Official Site

Song #3: AngeLip - Hajimete no Kimochi

Honestly, I know nothing about this group. I discovered this song from a poster on H!O and there wasn't any info about them with it. The best I can find is their official blog which looks like it opened at the very end of 2014. From the video and the banner, they appear to be a 7 member group. I don't even think they have any CD singles out yet. I don't know what the rest of their songs are like to pinpoint a particular style they trend towards, but this song in particular reminds me a lot of a Eurodance & Jpop mixture.

AngeLip Official Blog

Enjoy these selections and please look forward to next week for new songs!

No comments:

Post a Comment