Wednesday, July 1, 2015

W - Miss Love Tantei

W's final single. It's still so sad how W ended. Especially because it seems like the catalyst for Ai's life spiraling downward. Regardless of the past and what people think of her, I really hope that she can surround herself with a good support structure for her & her daughter's sake. Whenever I hear something about her I just want to fly to Japan & give her a hug & tell her everything will be okay. I hope that the last piece of news I've heard is for the best and she and her daughter can get away and start working towards a better life.

The title track for the single is Miss Love Tantei. I had never really cared for this song before I really got into W. It had a different sound to it than other H!P songs and I couldn't figure out why it was so different. Found out after I got the CD & ripped it to iTunes that it wasn't produced by Tsunku so that was why it sounded so different to me. Now, I really love the song. Sure it's different that other H!P tracks, but that's what makes it unique. I've heard people say that this song sounds a lot like Tatu's Not Gonna Get Us. I don't quite get the comparison. Besides the "whispered" filtered vocal parts, I don't hear similarities. This song makes me wonder if this is the musical direction that W was going to go in or not. The music video is cute. I can't quite figure out if they're competing with each other to find the diamond or if one of them stole it or if they suspect each other or what. The outfits make the video though. One of H!P's very best single outfits. 5/5

The B-side to this single is Friendship. I think this was composed by the same people that did Miss Love Tantei....at least that's what iTunes says. It sounds like it. This single has a really western production style. I like this song, but it's not as good as Miss Love Tantei. The thing that brings the song down is that awkward rapped bridge. It's so cheesy sounding...even for W. 4/5.

I wouldn't call Miss Love Tantei their best single (realistically it wouldn't be in my top 5, yes that does make it last.), but it represents a style shift for the group and possible indication for the musical direction they were going to take. It's just too bad we never got to see how that was to develop. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment