Friday, July 24, 2015

SKE48 - Bukiyou Taiyou

I'm both happy and sad that Rena is graduating. I'm happy that she'll be able to pursue other things outside of SKE, but she was also my favorite SKE member. However, she has been in the group for 7 years and it really is a good time for long serving members to start leaving. I still think that Rena should have had more solo centers in her career. She was very popular yet often played second fiddle to Jurina. The version of this single that I own has Rena on the cover in the center of four other girls and it just strikes me that this would have been a good song for her to center.

The title track for this release is Bukyou Taiyou. I'm quite known for not liking ballads very much. As this song is a ballad, I'm sure everyone can assume what my thoughts of it are. But you'd all be wrong. I actually really adore this song. Besides Tsuyokimono yo, Escape, & Kataomoi Finally, this is my absolute favorite SKE48 song. There's just something so bright about it that makes it such a feel good song. Honestly, this song is quite possibly one of the best ever from 48G. I don't know of any other of their songs that give off this feel. I also don't usually care a whole lot about 48G music videos, but I actually really like this one. The shots of the girls looking up at the sun and the shots of the sun itself just really bring to life the tone of the song. 5/5.

Bukiyou Taiyou MV

The first B-side of the single is Houkago Race, sung by Team S and found on the Type A version of the single. How many songs can people make that sound the exact same before they stop? This song is just like any other idol pop 48G track. Nothing special about it at all. All of these kind of songs just blend together for me anymore. I also don't get the obsession with running in 48G videos. At least this one makes sense because it's Houkago "Race". 3/5.

Houkago Race MV

The second B-side is Coming Soon, which is found on all versions of the single. I hate that this is called Coming Soon. Before the single was released it would screw me up so much because I wasn't sure if it was the title of the song or if it simply meant the title was coming soon lol. I feel like there's a story behind the title that's kind of funny. The song itself is an extremely generic 48G track. I can't remember how it goes even when I'm listening to the song. 3/5.

Since I can't find the actual song anywhere, here's a video of a guy doing a really awesome guitar cover of it! Click Me!

The next B-side is Tomodachi no Mama de, which is found on all versions of the single. If you're like me and found Coming Soon generic, this song is even more generic. These type of songs to me all really sound the same. For me, generic means two different things. One: Something is generic but still has life even if it's been rehashed (ex: Katy Perry's Roar or MM's Tiki Bun) Two: The extremely generic idol pop songs that are a dime a dozen and EVERY SINGLE group releases ALL of the time. At least people like Katy Perry just follow the trends that are popular which tend to change a little. I swear idol groups have released the same song over and over for the past 5 years. It's getting really old. 3/5.

Sorry I can't find any video for this song :(

The next B-side is Sayonara Kinou no Jibun, sung by Team KII and found on the Type B editions of the single. Even though this is a little slower of a song, I find it the best out of the team songs. It has the same stylistic feel that Bukiyou Taiyou does except instead of being bright, it's more moody. The music video is extremely uncomfortable to sit through. I'm sure some fans loved it, but it's just awkward. Extreme closeups of the human body are kind of creepy to me. The only thing I liked about it was the eye shots. I really love eyes because close shots can help you see all of the colors and it's so pretty. I just wish the video wasn't so dark so you could see the eye colors better. 4/5.

Sayonara Kinou no Jibun MV

The next B-side is Banana Kakumei, sung by Team E and found on the Type C versions of the single. The song might be a pretty typical 48G track, but there's something catchy about it. It doesn't fall into the same trap that Coming Soon & Tomodachi no Mama de fall into.....even if it sounds a bit like Kitagawa Kenji. The music video is absolutely awesome. Whoever thought of it deserves a pay raise. It's so unique and clever. The little science experiments are so neat. 3.5/5.

Banana Kakumei MV

The final B-side is Koi Yori mo Dream, sung by Kaori Matsumura, Akari Suda, and Marika Tani found on the Type D versions of the single. I was so so on the first Dasu & Tsuma song, but I really like this one. Much like Banana Kakumei, it doesn't rewrite the idol pop rules, but it does it in a way that makes it interesting to listen to. The music video is great, even though it raises several questions. First, how was the insane fangirl able to get in? Where are the security? Second, crazy fangirl tried to kill them & then they just accept her in the group?! I think they should be checked for mental distress lol. 4/5.

Koi Yori mo Dream MV

It's unfortunate that this release as a whole isn't all that solid. For once, the A-side is incredible, but the B-sides range from "it's all right" to "meh". 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment