Friday, July 3, 2015

W - Ai no Imi wo Oshiete!

I'm actually really excited to do a post on this one. This is my favorite W single.

The title track of the single is Ai no Imi wo Oshiete! To me, this song defines W. The style of the song is what I view W in my head. The cutesy high pitched vocals with super catchy electro-80s-ish music. I wouldn't mind if H!P would do a couple singles like this nowadays. I adore the EDM direction, but this would be just as good. For those who might not have listened to some of the older groups before, a newer song that I'd compare this to would be S/mileage's Uchouten Love. Both in musical style and overall feel. In fact, the girls sound so much like Yuuka Maeda in that song in this song (er...well I guess Yuuka would sound like them since this came first xD). It might sound funny, but my absolute favorite part of the song is at the very end where it's like a Tsunku solo xD. I love it so much. I'd say that the music video is one of the better ones from this era of H!P. It doesn't look horrifically tacky like a lot of H!P's older videos. Even if the outfits are hideous. Seriously. What is up with that material? It reminds me of tissue paper. 5/5.

The B-side for this single is Jinx. This song could have easily been a single too. It's like a mix of the Sexy Snow B-side from Robo Kiss & Ai no Imi itself. Is it weird that my favorite part of both songs are the Tsunku "solos"? He just made H!P so unique. 5/5.

There's really not much else to say on this release. Both songs are incredibly strong. This release is easily top 10 of my favorite H!P releases of all time. 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment