Monday, June 29, 2015

W - Robo Kiss

After Morning Musume, I'm almost positive that W is my next all time favorite H!P group. There was something really special about the music of this group and I wish that UFP would release any unreleased stuff they recorded. I realize that's probably impossible, but it would be so cool.

The title track of the single is Robo Kiss. This was the very first song I ever heard from W. At the time, I was using the H!P wiki to listen my way through the history of H!P by using the list of H!P concerts. I know that doesn't seem right because this wasn't W's first single and they probably had done songs in H!P concerts before this, but I got bored by like 2003 and started only looking up songs that sounded interesting to me. Robo Kiss sounded interesting so I looked it up. I really wasn't expecting what I got. At the time, the video seemed so stereotypical to me because it was so weird and there were girls singing in high pitched voices. Needless to say, I passed on it and didn't really start listening to W until I heard their cover of Samishii Nettaigyo. Today, I really love the song. Sure their vocals can be a little annoying like this, but the song is so catchy. The video is also pretty hilarious. I like this type of random over stuff like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. Also check out mini Berryz lol. They're all so tiny! I've also never understood why they tried to do the twin thing with Nozomi & Ai. When they were younger, yeah I guess they kinda looked alike, but by the type they were W they look so different that it seems like a silly concept. 5/5.

The B-side to the single is Sexy Snow. Not sure what's so sexy about snow, but ok. This song is really a 180 from Robo Kiss. Where Robo Kiss is the upbeat poppy cute track, this is the sexy cool track (well, for W that is). It really reminds me of another H!P song, but I can't put my finger on it right now. 4/5.

This single isn't my personal favorite from W. I'd be more likely to recommend Ai no Imi wo Oshiete over this, but it's a solid single and a great stable of their discography. 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment