Monday, June 15, 2015

Candy Kiss - Tinker Bell ga Yattekita

So this is the release that made me curious about this group. They seem to have changed so much since this release. There's only three girls left.

The lead song for this single is Tinker Bell ga Yattekita. Like I said for their first release, I don't think their music is particularly the greatest, but they're so adorable. Of all of their songs so far, this is probably my favorite. The music itself sounds well produced & put together, but just like with their first single, the autotune is WAY overdone. Worse than what T-Pain did. I'm not certain why low budget indie groups tend to overdo the autotune because I've noticed it's also a feature in super unknown Kpop groups too. Is it more expensive to NOT use it? I'm genuinely curious. Beyond the autotune, it's a pretty standard idol pop song but it's kinda catchy. The music video is obviously low budget, but it's so cute. The girls look like they're having so much fun. 4/5.

The B-side of the single is Mou Ichido. If you thought that the autotune was unnecessary on the title track, it's even more unnecessary here. No ballad needs this. I don't think that the producers were going for a Perfume-esque sound. If they were they totally missed the mark. I find it very interesting that this has a music video. If a super unknown group can do a B-side video (even if it is mainly concert footage & practice), H!P you can stop the triple A-side crap & just give B-sides videos. Gosh. 3/5.

In all honesty, I don't think this single's that great. I personally think it's cute which is why I like it, but if you're looking for something like 48G or H!P this is not it. I do say that it's worth checking out, especially if you're looking into indie idols. Maybe you won't like it, but there always is the possibility that you will. 3.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment