Thursday, June 11, 2015

ZE:A - Phoenix

This was a CD I bought for the sole reason that it was like $2 on YesAsia during a summer sale. I don't think I've picked it up since I got it so it'll be interesting to see if I actually liked the songs or not. I truly don't remember.

The first track is Phoenix. Listening to the song again I realize why I don't remember anything about this CD. It's not a bad song at all, it's just not memorable. It sounds like most other K-pop boy group tracks from the same time period and since I never cared that much about ZE:A, other groups took the precedent for me. If you love the typical K-pop boy group songs though, this certainly should be on your radar. 4/5.

The second song is Variety Of Ways. Hm. Unsure why I never latched onto this song. This is GOOD. Should have been the title track over Phoenix. Honestly I'd put this up with some of the better K-pop boy group songs. It reminds A LOT of Ace Of Base's Black Sea which is a really great song too. No wonder I love this. 5/5.

The final song on the single is a remix of their lead single from the album Spectacular. Not a big fan of remixes in general.

Really the definition of a mixed bag release. An ok title track, an amazing B-side, and a random remix of an older song. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment