Saturday, June 27, 2015

Delight - Mega Yak

What ever happened to this group? From what I know they haven't released anything in like a year. I wasn't a fan of them really, but it's always kind of sad when groups don't come back for a while. This CD is another that I bought just because it was on sale. I had kind of liked the title track, but not enough to actually buy the CD. When I actually got the CD, I was surprised at how much I did like the song.

The first track of the EP is an intro. Nothing to see here.

The second track is Delight Time. Really this track just feels like a second intro. I think it's supposed to be that way too because the song's only 2:56. And it was used in the beginning of their first music video as an opener. I don't like it when groups make intros disguised as real songs. Or on the reverse, real songs shortened into intros. Sistar's intro to Push Push comes to mind. This "song" isn't helped by the fact that it's kind of noisy. As in it sounds like the girls are just yelling into the mics at points. The whole mini album is like that too....not sure if it was intentional or not. 2.5/5.

The third track is Paradise. For all the annoyance that this tracklist is (two intros, one second version of a song, one instrumental, and only two original tracks), the original songs are actually really great. Sure they're a little shouty in places, but their vocals are stellar otherwise. Their style is a lot like 2NE1's on this mini album. This is the style of music that I'm missing in K-pop now. I want more groups that do this style. 5/5.

The fourth track is the version of Mega Yak featuring Block B's P.O. Unnecessary version to be honest.

The fifth track is the original version of Mega Yak. When I first heard this song, I was impressed with the one girl's vocals, but I couldn't understand why they ruined it with all the screaming. Then I listened to it again, still didn't understand. After a couple listens out of my curiosity, the girl with the stellar vocals won me over and I fell in love with the song. I don't even know if the girl is still a part of the group. The video's nothing more than your typical (well...before mid 2013) K-pop video. Colorful, expensive cars, random places to dance in. Anybody know if green haired girl is still in the group? Cause if she's not I really want to know where she ended up. She's pretty awesome. 5/5

The final track is the instrumental version of Mega Yak.

This CD isn't much of an EP. It's really only two songs & a bunch of random unnecessary tracks. All of the fluff added to pad the tracklist really drags down the release as a whole. The two songs are both fantastic and deserve 5/5, the release as a whole is average at best. Just too much unnecessary stuff that could have been real songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment