Thursday, August 6, 2015

New Music Thursdays (August 6, 2015 Edition)

Welcome everyone to the newly rebranded Song Recommendations post! I decided that like Music Discovery Mondays, I wanted to highlight new releases across genres on a weekly basis as well. The songs featured in New Music Thursdays could be up to one month old (as I can be slow in listening to newer stuff xD), but no older than that to try and keep it fresh. Much like the MDMs, these posts will also feature only three new songs. However, I might make exceptions some weeks depending on how many great new songs are released around the time period. I chose Thursdays for these posts as it's a good distance from the MDMs to allow time for those of us that are lazy (like myself xD) to get through those songs first. So enjoy this week's selection of new songs!

Track #1: Morning Musume - Sukatto My Heart

Sukatto My Heart is the second A-side from Morning Musume's upcoming single. Instead of being an EDM track like the majority of MM's singles, this song is a funky throwback track. The song is very reminiscent of The Matenrou Show. Morning Musume's new single comes out August 19.

Track #2: Wonder Girls - I Feel You

You can't imagine how surprised I was when I heard that the Wonder Girls were making a comeback. I was convinced they were gone for good. Once I heard they were coming back as a band, I was even more surprised, and not very hopeful for what they were going to come up with. I was expecting something more pop/rock when I heard "band", but what we got was different--and so much better. I adore 80s synthpop and this comeback is perfect in every way. Their new album, Reboot, released on August 3.

Track #3: Hello Venus - I'm Ill

After Hello Venus split from Pledis, I wasn't certain how things were going to work out for them. After hearing their first couple of tracks released after the split, I figured I wouldn't care for their music going forward. I was proven wrong with this release. It's not as powerful as 4Minute's Crazy, but it is probably the best song to compare this to in K-pop this year. Their new mini album came out July 22.

That ends this week's New Music Thursdays! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment