Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Music Thursdays (August 13, 2015)

Track #1: Kobushi Factory - Nen ni wa Nen

Kobushi Factory is one of the newer Hello! Project groups. They are comprised of Rio Fujii, Ayaka Hirose, Minami Nomura, Rena Ogawa, Ayano Hamaura, Sakurako Wada, Natsumi Taguchi, and Rei Inoue; all from Hello Pro Kenshuusei. I'm still not certain that I'm sold on Kobushi's music style as I haven't really cared too much for pop rock stuff in a couple years, but I do really like this one. It's incredibly catchy and different than what the rest of H!P has to offer. This is the final A-side of their first single, Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitai/Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta/Nen ni wa Nen, which will be released on September 2nd.

Track #2: One Black Night - Wonder Girls

I suppose it's a little unfair to put another song from their album this week when I featured their lead track last week, but this song is so incredible that it deserves the spot. It's less 80s than their lead track and reminds me a lot of Blank Space & Bad Blood from Taylor Swift's 1989. Their new album, Reboot, released August 3rd.

Track #3: Colette Carr - Three Percent

I adore Colette Carr. I'm not sure how many people have really heard of her, but this song is from her new EP that released July 17th. This song (and the EP as a whole) is a major departure from her first album which was a hip-pop/rap pop kind of thing. It had electro elements, but it seems that she's going for a straightforward electropop/synthpop style this time around. Which is perfectly fine for me.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment