Monday, August 17, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (August 17, 2015)

Track #1: Swan.B - Be All Right

I really have no idea who this group is, or if they even still exist. All I know is they were a K-pop girl group and it's likely they are not a group anymore. You can tell that they weren't high budget in the slightest with their single cover. I found the group when I was mindlessly scrolling through the artists categorized as "K-pop" on iTunes (back when you could search like that) and I came across them. I was blown away by this song when I played the preview and immediately bought it. It remains one of my favorite songs of all time today. Not just in K-pop, but across all genres. The song sounds a lot like early 2000s eurodance/eurotrance. If I could choose only one K-pop song to play for a non-fan, this would be it.

Track #2: Taryn Manning - Spotlight

I believe that Taryn is more of an actress recently than a musician. You might know her from Orange Is The New Black or the other things Wikipedia says she's in. I don't watch TV or movies often so none of the things Wiki says she's in are familiar to me. But anyway, back to the music. Taryn was in a group called Boomkat with her brother in the early 2000s and in 2009 decided to go solo and released this song. It's a catchy dance pop tune.

Wikipedia page

Track #3: EvoL - We're A Bit Different

I realize that this track isn't really unknown, but as they recently disbanded, I feel like I really need to post something on their songs. They never did reach any sort of popularity, but I remember when they debuted very well. Everyone seemed to be so excited to get a girl group like Block B. The hype was still there when they released this, their first single. I also remember that people were disappointed in the choice of lead track because the group was portrayed as a hip hop group, yet released a very poppy song in contrast to the other songs on their mini album.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment