Thursday, September 3, 2015

New Music Thursdays (September 3, 2015)

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I have no idea what happened to K-pop this summer. The past 2 & 1/2 years for K-pop was just dire (except for a couple releases), but all of a sudden this summer, BOOM. The K-pop industry is on fire again & the music is great. It's mind boggling to me. Of course there's still a lot of clunkers, but the amount of good songs this summer far outweigh the bad. I'm curious to see if this will continue through the rest of the year.

Track #1: Tiger JK - Blazing (ft. Yoon Mirae & Bizzy)

Okay. So I wouldn't call MFBTY K-pop necessarily, but this song fits in my whole "wow this summer!" theme for this post. This song is a song for a freaking BASEBALL TEAM. It's essentially a cheer song/advertisement but holy crap is it insanely good or what! Easily one of the best songs of the summer. Even if you're not into K-pop I suggest checking this song out. You won't regret it. Blazing was released on August 12th.

Track #2: Hyuna - Because I'm The Best (Roll Deep) (ft. Ilhoon)

I have a very love/hate relationship with Hyuna. I'm not a big fan of her videos but every lead song she releases is SO good. Every single time she releases a new single, I listen to it once & think that it isn't good, but then I can't stop going back to them. This song was like that. I listened to it at first and didn't care for it at all, but the next time I played it, it hit me. She's one of the very few K-pop stars that I think can actually pull off the whole "sexy" theme. Her new mini album, A+, released on August 21st.

Track #3: Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan

I'm still iffy on my feelings about this song, but I think they deserve a little release week promo! Kobushi Factory is Hello! Project's newest major debuted group & have just released their first single. If you're more into the pop rock type of J-pop, this is right up your alley. Their first single, Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan/Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta/Nen ni wa Nen released on September 2nd.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment