Sunday, September 27, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (September 28, 2015)

So this week's MDM is a little dark. Not like "UZA is a dark song" kind of dark, but in actual lyrics and themes lol. It's just the type of songs that first came to mind for this week.

Track #1: Within Temptation - Angels

This isn't an unknown song by any meaning of the word, but because it's over 10 years old I think it's okay to put here lol. I remember being in late elementary/early middle school & a good friend of mine showed me this song. I was into rock music at the time and this was really the first symphonic rock track I'd heard and it just blew me away. Even though I'm not too into rock nowadays, symphonic rock will always be something I go back to. It's just beautifully powerful music.

Track #2: Halsey - Control

I had been hearing about Halsey for the past few weeks and hadn't had any reason to check her out until a couple days ago. The reason is kind of stupid I guess but any reason to find a new song is a good one lol. I follow a certain Dragon Age blog on Tumblr & they posted a text graphic gif thing with some lyrics from this song and I thought that the lyrics were cool so I looked them up. I wasn't too sure what I thought of the song at first but now I really like it. It's composed in a way that you feel what the mind of the singer is going through. So cool.

Track #3: Akina Nakamori - Jukkai

I've been looking around everywhere for 80s Jpop playlists & videos because I find myself so interested in exploring lately. Came across this song last week on a playlist on 8Tracks & I really like it. I don't know if it's "dark" like the other songs as I can't speak Japanese, but it does have that UZA feel to it. I've read good things about Akina Nakamori before so I definitely need to check out more of her material. Anyone got any suggestions?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment