Monday, September 7, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (September 7, 2015)

Happy Labor Day to all those in the US! I hope everyone who has the day off is enjoying themselves!

Track #1: Wanna.B - Attention

Now these are some girls who really need some Attention! I know...I know...I'm so sorry but I couldn't not write that lol. In all seriousness, Wanna.B is a six member K-pop girl group that debuted in late 2014. They currently have two releases, this song and a single called My Type. This song is a lot like Little Mix's Salute except more dancey than powerful. If I were to compared this song to a K-pop group, I think it would make a great Nine Muses release.

Official Facebook Page

Track #2: Amelia Lily - California

Another case of why hasn't this singer become a thing yet. Her music is so catchy and awesome! It irritates the heck out of me that I can't buy her songs in the US. I don't get why record companies don't release all their stuff everywhere. It's like they're practically begging people to illegally download it because they can't get it legitimately. Ranting on the stupidity of the music industry aside, even though Amelia's discography is super small, I had a hard time picking which of her songs to post here. I settled on this one because it's such a feel good track. The lyrics portray a girl who's lost her man to another woman so it's not really a feel good track, but the sound of the music is just so summery and catchy.

Wikipedia Page

Track #3: Vicci Martinez - Come Along (ft. Cee-lo Green)

If there's any song that I feel should have smashed, this is that song. It's unfortunate that most of the contestants on singing competitions nowadays don't get much recognition. This is one of my all time favorite songs. Her voice & the lyrics just mesh so well with the music. It's not a full on pop song like most of the songs I feature here, but is a slower R&B tinged track. I actually found out a couple of weeks ago that this is actually a cover. It was devastating to hear that (I don't hate covers, but I adore this song so much and was incredibly disappointed that it wasn't an original) and even more devastated when looking up the original track and hearing it. Personally, I think the original is terrible. So, my opinion, ignore the original, and love this.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment