Sunday, April 5, 2015

S/mileage - Samui ne.

I'm so incredibly tired so this might be a very unintelligible post....just a warning. I'm trying to not fall asleep so I'm hoping that this will help, although staring at the white screen is making it worse lol. Can you believe that in November this single will be three years old already? I can't. It's insane. I still kind of miss the name S/mileage. I've gotten very used to calling them by Angerme now though, especially because I pronounce it as "Ange-lume" even though I know that's not correct. I just think it sounds pretty that way.

I used to really dislike this song. I was upset that the music sounded so awesome but the way they were singing ruined it for me. It's no secret that high pitched vocals really annoy me. It's still a little difficult to listen to the song because of the way that they sing, but I like it now. The reason for the turn around? I really started to like Ayaka. I don't know why, but one day I just noticed her & was like "Woah she's such a great asset to the group!" and now she's my second favorite member lol. I've also noticed a major improvement in her vocals (or at least a change in the way she sings) in the past few years. What is truly attractive about the song is the electro beats through it, especially in the dance break bridge. It's so incredible. Probably one of my favorite Tsunku productions. The music video is really nice as well. The only thing I dislike about it is that weird effect with the camera....I can't really explain it but it looks like it's...jumpy? in some parts. Like imagine when you put a VHS on rewind and sometimes the picture flickers...like that....if anyone reading this still knows what VHS tapes are. I'm not sure if it's just a glitch in the upload or if it was intentional, but it's bothersome. 5/5.

The coupling track for this single is Watashi, Choito Kawaii Urabanchou. It translates to "I'm a slightly cute, gang leader in secret" (according to Generasia), and I just find that so adorable. I love that for a title so much. Not the biggest fan of the song itself unfortunately. It's very high energy and cute. It's like a more mediocre Uchouten Love. Though seeing as how it's an H!P song I'll probably end up loving it at some point. It always seems to happen. 3.5/5.

Even with my original hatred of the song, this is now one of my favorite S/mileage singles. I would like if H!P would do a song like this again sometime. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment