Sunday, April 5, 2015

C-ute - Meguru Koi no Kisetsu

I was so positive I did a post on this before. I'm still confused that I didn't see it while looking back. I know I couldn't have done it on the old blog because I didn't own the CD then. I don't know....well, if for some reason I'm THAT tired that I completely missed it even after searching the title and turning up no results, just tell me & I'll delete one.

I believe I've mentioned before how to me early C-ute was very average. Most of their songs from their early stage are meh, but this one is an exception. It's really not one of the kinds of songs I would attach to, but the chorus is so catchy that it's hard not to love it. Sometimes I just sing the song title in my head because it's that much of an earworm. It'a also crazy how good Airi's voice is even back then. H!P really struck talent gold with her. And Maimi's annoying voice wasn't that difficult to listen to back then! I don't dislike Maimi, but her vocals are grating. She has a very unpleasant tone and every live I've seen of them she seems very off on the notes she's supposed to hit. With the video, I'm surprised that people complain about the videos we get NOW. At least they're attempting to do different sets and colors and other stuff, but this video is pretty much just them dancing in front of badly painted backdrops in a white room. I guess you could kind of argue that the different props and stuff back then change the feel of the video, but at least nowadays the videos don't look extremely tacky. 4.5/5.

The coupling track for this single is Bishoujo Shinri. For a B-side back then, this is really an incredible track. Maybe that's why I was so confused about writing this up before because I tend to never listen to the B-sides of older H!P singles unless I'm writing a review for them. But this song is very awesome. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but the music reminds me a lot of their newer music. You could take this song, put it on an album in 2015 with updated vocals and it'd still fit their image. 5/5.

For an early C-ute single, this is a pretty stellar package. A very catchy A-side and an incredible B-side as a compliment. 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment