Monday, December 8, 2014

S/mileage - Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita

I'll have to retag this in the future when they reveal their new name. Not sure how I feel about the new name and possible complete rebranding of S/mileage. Within the past two years I've really begun to love them. I just hope they continue to have songs that show Meimi's incredible voice. Or just give her a solo career. That's ok too. I do highly approve of the three new members though. I've liked Mizuki for a while in the Kenshuusei. I'm trying not to dislike Rikako as I originally did like her until everyone started acting like she's going to be the savior of S/mileage. She's got the charisma and the raw talent to be great, but she's really not a great singer and she's a little over enthusiastic when performing. However, I'm sure once they really integrate into the group she'll stand out in a good way and grow in her performance ability. Maho's the wild card in all this though. From the pictures I've seen she looks very pretty but I know nothing of her singing voice. Can't wait to find out what she sounds like.

This song was their first release in 2013. It has that whole graduation vibe to it, I guess because it was released around the normal graduation time. I had overlooked this song for the longest time because I was paying attention to their other releases, but this song is very good too. It's not one of those slower songs that you would expect with the graduation feeling and I'm happy for that. I'm glad that they sing more maturely now though. One of the things that kept me from getting into S/mileage until last was the vocals. I love the video for this. It's simple but the outfits are adorable. 4/5.

Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita MV:

Ok I'd never listened to Doushiyou before today and WOW am I shocked. I was expecting something COMPLETELY different but when I heard the dubstep-ish beginning my mouth dropped open. This song is GREAT! Why did I wait so long to buy this single? I put it off for forever because I didn't think it was as special as their newer stuff but gosh you never know what you miss out on with that attitude. 5/5.

Doushiyou (Audio Only):

It's not their best single of 2013, but it managed to surprise me. Doushiyou is my new jam. 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment