Thursday, December 25, 2014

AKB48 Team Surprise - Tokimeki Antique

This is the ninth single from the Bara no Gishiki stage. It is sung by Rino Sashihara, Haruka Shimazaki, and Miyuki Watanabe.

I really had no expectations for this song when I saw the members. I don't dislike any of them but I don't particularly care for any of them either. Never saw what's so interesting about Rino, Haruka seems like the second coming of Mayu, and Miyuki really cannot sing. The song really isn't as bad as I thought it would be, but there's nothing special about it. At least it's not another Youchien no Sensei or Hatsukoi no Kagi I guess. I REALLY dislike the music video though. I tend to ignore music videos if they're stupid or crazy, but this is just too over the top. Sometimes you need to just stop before putting a plan into action. It's really no wonder a lot of people don't take J-pop girl groups seriously. It's one thing to do a crazy video, another thing entirely to do something like this. What does it even have to do with the song? 3.5/5.

Tokmeki Antique MV

No comments:

Post a Comment