Monday, December 22, 2014

AKB48 Team Surprise - Dare ga Futari wo Deawaseta no ka?

This is the tenth single from the Bara no Gishiki stage. It features members Sayaka Yamamoto, Tomomi Itano, and Yui Yokoyama.

I had high hopes for this unit. Sayaka with her killer vocals, Tomomi with her usually fun electro-pop image, and Yui with her there-ness (I truly don't have an opinion on Yui....I guess she kinda seems like she can pull off darker concepts maybe. I don't know a whole lot about her talents or personality.). The song ended up as completely different than I was expecting (which seems to be a bit of a theme with the Bara no Gishiki stage...), but I really like it a lot. It showcases Sayaka's vocals very well and the other two sound really good as well. Tomomi really does seem to be improving vocally from what I've heard from her since her graduation (even though these were recorded before she graduated...I think.). Yui doesn't seem bad here at all either. My mind just keeps going back to Sono Mama de with her, Tomomi, and Aki? (at least I think the other was Aki...), and her vocals were very annoying. I think this is my favorite Bara no Gishiki music video. It's simple, but I love the concept with the lights and the stage is beautifully decorated. 4.5/5

Dare ga Futari wo Deawaseta no ka MV

No comments:

Post a Comment