Saturday, December 13, 2014

Morning Musume - 4th Ikimasshoi!

Fourth album released by Morning Musume (obviously xD). The singles included on this album are from The Peace to Mr. Moonlight. If anyone remembers I've already talked about the singles from that time span in an earlier post, so I won't ramble on about them again. And yes, I know that some of the singles have been remixed to 'album versions' but as I couldn't care less about that and replaced all the 'album versions' with the real versions in my iTunes, I don't care much about noting any differences.

Track #1, The Peace!: Review Here

Track #2, Ii Koto Aru Kinen no Shunkan: Oh this song is so Tsunku. The intro is so Tsunku it's funny. One thing I love about H!P is that Tsunku's production style turns even typical idol pop interesting. It's not the greatest MM song, but it's nice. 3.5/5.

Track #3, Mr. Moonlight (Ai no Big Band): Review Here I will say something random though. I know Tsunku's a huge Beatles fanboy and today I just learned while searching for this video on YT to add to the playlist that the Beatles have a song called Mr. Moonlight. Interesting.

Track #4, Hajimete no Rock Concert: So this was completely different than I was expecting but in a good way. Kind of reminds me of Sexy8's shuffle single. 4/5.

Track #5, Otoko Tomodachi: There's nothing really super special about this one. Can't really remember it after listening to it. 3/5.

Track #6, Souda! We're Alive: Review Here

Track #7, Dekkai Uchuu ni Ai ga Aru: Review Here

Track #8, Ikimasshoi!: This is the song I was expecting to hear for the title song. I was expecting something a little higher energy, but it still fits what I thought in my head about it. Wait.....was that.....howling? What? Did that actually happen? Oh my gosh xD *Horrible EXO Wolf flashbacks xD* At least it's incorporated better than Wolf...just saying. Kind of liking this song. Might end up being my favorite. 4.5/5.

Track #9, Densha no Futari: Pretty good song. I'm actually fairly impressed with this album so far. Their earlier albums were all pretty boring (which makes sense because of the style they were going for at the time) but this one's pretty fun. 4/5.

Track #10, Honki de Atsui Theme Song: Much better of a song than I was expecting one with the words Theme Song in it to sound. Pretty catchy. 4/5.

Track #11, Suki na Senpai: This is probably the weakest song on the album. Kinda boring, not as cutesy as I thought it would be, but still not interesting enough to catch my attention. 3/5.

Track #12, Renai Revolution 21: I debated on whether to review this song here or wait until I typed up the review on their Best Album 1. So I decided on the latter. Please look out for that! (I'll add that link into this later.)

Track #13, Nanni mo Iwazu ni I Love You: Oh gosh this is so 80s sounding. I love it. Maybe I'm a hypocrite because I always say I can't stand ballads, but H!P certainly has a lot of ballads that are actually worth listening to. Or I'm just incredibly biased....which is most likely the truth. 4/5.

Pleasantly surprised with this album to be honest. Wasn't too fond of their first three albums but this is certainly a step in the right direction. 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment