Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Super-7 - Mai Luo Suo

I'm sure people will just love this post lol. If anyone remembers back a few years ago that Taiwanese girl group that said something about SNSD & everyone got all mad? Yeah, that's these girls. I think they're actually still a group today, but it's really difficult to find any kind of information on them. I'm going to probably have an unpopular opinion: I don't hate them. I think it's pretty pointless to hate people you never met just because they said something you don't like. If anything, hate their company. They probably made them say what they did and were the ones in charge of concepts for their songs. But anyway, onto the music.

Track #1, Mai Luo Suo: I bought this album mainly because of this song (the fact it was $2 on YesAsia helped too...). It's not the best produced song in the world, but it's extremely catchy. It's too bad that these girls have such a stigma attached to them because of that incident because this song is on par with most of the small company K-pop groups out there. 4/5.

Track #2, Kiss Me: This song I'm not that interested in. It just gives off a vibe that bothers me. The song is Indian influenced right? I'm not sure if that's exactly correct, but I love the influences of the song. I really would like to get into other countries' pop music besides the "big" music scenes that people usually think of (You know, like the US, Japan, etc.), but it's so difficult to find any type of good info online...unless I've just been looking in the wrong places. I guess I got really off track there huh? lol Well the song pretty much goes nowhere so you do check out halfway through. 3/5.

Track #3, Ai Dao Mo Yao Yi: And here's where I'm unsure if my romanizations are correct. Since it's very difficult to find information on the group, I haven't found a place that says what the titles would be in English or if I even have the proper romanizations....if anyone knows for certain I'd love if you could tell me. This is the best song on the EP. It's well produced, catchy, and should have been the title track. I think they could have gotten less backlash if this had been their lead single. 5/5.

Track #4, Qingchun Wudi: This song isn't exactly a ballad, more of a midtempo, but it's so boring. It has the same issue Kiss Me has. There is nothing about it that makes it stand out. 3/5.

.Track #5, Peng Zhi Shou Zhongxin: This is the second best on the album. Very catchy. Sounds well produced, vocals aren't beaten to death with autotune. It's nice. 4/5.

Mai Luo Suo (Audio-excluding track #5):

So I couldn't find track #5 on YouTube. I'll upload it someday but I don't feel like putting together a YT video a the moment. Sorry.

Altogether the EP is actually pretty good. Well, at least it's better than the internet would make you think. I hope that anyone who remembers the incident will put aside the hate to at least check out the songs based on their own merit. 3.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment