Wednesday, March 4, 2015

S/mileage - Aa, Susukino/Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu

More S/mileage! Really excited to talk about this one because it contains my all time favorite S/mileage song. This is also their final release as S/mileage, as they now go by Angerme and have added three members.

The first A-side of the single is Aa, Susukino. I didn't think much of this song at first. It wasn't as interesting as the other H!P songs coming out around the same time to me. Listening to it more has made me like it though. It sounds like the perfect mix of Platinum Era Musume and the new EDM direction of H!P. I'd be okay with this style of music being used more. Still not fond of the talking bits (mainly because I just don't care for the break in singing like that in any song), but it's not as disjointed as some other songs. I have to give H!P major props for this song's video. It's nothing more than the usual dance shot & closeups, but the setting of the song was just perfect. Can't imagine how expensive it has to be to rent out an airport for a video shooting. It goes to show that even the most conventional videos can be impressive with the proper setting. 4.5/5.

Aa Susukino MV:

The secondary A-side is Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu. Aka the best song S/mileage ever did....perhaps one of the best H!P songs ever. Last year was ridiculously strong for the H!P groups in terms of musical quality. MM seemed to be the only group that didn't have that besides their album & Toki Sora. This is J-pop-EDM done right. I really like the music video for this too. It has a very Mass Effect feel to it....probably just because I'm writing this while playing the third one & the globe lights remind me of the star in the system I was just in xD. Joking aside, this video made me like Ayaka. I never hated her, but I couldn't stand her voice so I tried to ignore her existence. She's so gorgeous and charismatic in this video though. It's hard to not focus on her. Not to mention that I've really seen an improvement in her vocals recently too. 5/5.

Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu MV:

So far, this is definitely my favorite release from S/mileage/Angerme. The release seems like it would work for the majority of H!P fans, something a little more Platinum era & something a little more EDM. I hope that they'll do another release like this in the future, although now that they're Angerme I don't know what direction they'll be headed in. If they stay in the Taiki Bansei/Otome route then they're good. 4.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment