Saturday, February 28, 2015

Berryz Kobo - 21ji Made no Cinderella

I cannot believe that Berryz disbands next week. That's insane to think about. I felt like that time would never come. I still don't 100% percent like the idea of Momoko in Country Girls, but since I can't change anything I'm glad that she has found her place after Berryz's end. We also have found out that Saki & Chinami will be staying in the company in advisor/staff roles. Then Maasa will also be doing stage plays after Berryz. Yurina has chosen to focus on education first, which I certainly admire her for doing. Then I believe it was said that she will be trying to be a model. Most surprising to me is that Miyabi and Risako have chosen to go on breaks. I figured Risako would end up being the one to fully leave the spotlight, but I'm surprised that Miyabi didn't announce something that she'd be doing right away. I thought it would be nice to do a post about Berryz before their final concert, so I chose this release....mainly because it was next in the pile of CDs that I have waiting to be reviewed haha.

This is Berryz's eighth single and was released in 2005 and also the last song to feature member Maiha Ishimura. It's hard to believe that this song is almost ten years old. It's always interesting going back to their very early releases and then listening to their newest music. I think it's really incredible that these girls were picked at such a young age and ended up being true talents. The song itself has that whole 50s retro feel to it, but not as much as a song like Waracchaou yo Boyfriend though. The music video is set at a very 50s looking diner as well. They all look so young in the video. It also makes me wonder what the group would have been like had Maiha stayed. 4.5/5.

21ji Made no Cinderella MV:

The B-side for this single is Himitsu no Utahime. I'm honestly not a big fan of this song. It's just ok. It's a pretty standard H!P B-side. It doesn't help that their vocals are still pretty young so the slower pace of the song can get grating after a while. 3/5.

Himitsu no Utahime (Audio Only):

The single itself isn't one of their best. It's more in the middle of their discography. 4/5.

I know this is a weird single to choose as the post before Berryz's disbandment, but I don't think I could make it through a full album or a single I like more before hand. I don't generally care about graduations, but this one's a little different. It's going to be hard at first to see H!P without Berryz. They've been here for so long and within the next couple of days they will be gone. I want to wish the members of the group a lot of luck in their futures and I hope they are blessed with their future choices, even if it's wanting to go back to a normal life. They deserve it after all of the years they sacrificed to be in the group. Thank you Berryz for putting your hearts into entertaining us. I'll miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment