Monday, October 5, 2015

Music Discovery Mondays (October 5, 2015)

Track #1: Hello Pro Kenshuusei - Koi Shitai Shinto

Unfortunately I can't find the studio version on YT, but this is enough to give an idea of the track. The verses remind me of early 2010s K-pop while the chorus goes into a catchy yet sweet J-pop track.

Track #2: Jurina Matsui - Akai Pin Heel to Professor

Performance Link

It's funny to me that this is my favorite song on AKB's Koko ga Rhodes album. Jurina's voice is....not so great. Even in the song it's a little grating; however, the song's composition makes it one of the best 48G tracks of the year. It's a funky disco-esque pop track and I think it fits Jurina perfectly. Sorry it's not embedded. I'm unfamiliar with the site and I'm not even sure it can be embedded.

Track #3: Eden XO - Too Cool To Dance

I think this is a fun track to end with. I'm disappointed that this didn't receive as much attention as I was hoping. I've been listening to her since she was known as Jessie Malakouti. It's unfortunate that nothing she seems to do has gotten any attention because her music is quite fantastic. This song is just a fun dance party track and a nice way to lift of a Monday.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment